Child Welfare Education Program (CWEP)

Background screening

Those applying to the BSW or MSW full-time (Advanced Standing or Standard) prograsm: If you pass the record review of your initial application materials, you will be notified via email to proceed with the background screening process.  Please do NOT submit the screening forms until you have received word that you passed the initial application phase.  The screening documents are included below for your reference.  Please review the forms to ensure that you will be able to pass the screening process and be eligible for the CWEP.  The screening process includes the submission of 4 forms, a fingerprint clearance card or application, and driving record.   

  1.  consent_for_release_of_educational_and_applicant_records_9.3.2019.pdf
  2.  consent_to_release_central_registry_and_child_abuse_records.pdf
  3.  certification_of_criminal_offense.pdf
  4.  intern_application.pdf
  5. Fingerprint Clearance Card materials - If you already have a valid, Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the State of Arizona Department of Public Safety within the last 5 years, you will be asked to make a copy of BOTH sides of the card along with a copy (all on the same page) of your social security card.  If you do not have a valid, Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, you will be asked to apply for one. Jama Sandoval ( will provide you the necessary forms and instructions for obtaining the card. Please note that you MUST use the fingerprint application form supplied by our program and you will NOT have to pay for the fingerprinting process.
  6. Driver's license record - You will be asked to provide a copy of your driver's license record to ensure that you do not have more than 8 points over the past 12 months. The record needs to be inclusive of at least the past 36 months. Students with Arizona driver's licenses can obtain this information from  The cost of obtaining the record through the website is $3.00. This fee is payable directly to the site. This fee is the responsibility of the student. If you have an out-of-state driver's license, you should consult your state's department or division of motor vehicles in order to get a driver's license record.