The Concho Room
Inside the ASU Collaboratory on Central
at the Westward Ho
The Concho Room is located at the Downtown Campus inside the ASU Collaboraty on Central, on the ground floor of the historic Westward Ho and is available to rent for special events.
Situated on the Northwest corner of Central Avenue and Fillmore in downtown Phoenix, The Concho Room is a centrally located, beautiful and accessible location for meetings and events.
The space has a center stage framed by the original, decorative turquoise tile floor, an integrated audiovisual system, and art gallery with rotating featured artists.
The maximum capacity is 200 individuals, or 100 in theater-style seating (chairs, no tables) or 70 in classroom-style seating (chairs with tables in rows). and is within walking distance of light rail stations, public parking, and ASU Downtown University Center (UCENT).
Reservations includes access to a variety of tables and chairs, and may be customized into your choice of configuration.
Check availability by emailing Keith.Smith.email@example.com or calling 602-369-6680.
Integrated Sound and Video Technology
The Concho Room can suit most audio-visual needs with the in-house equipment. It is equipped with a high-lumen LCD projector, in-house audio with both lavalier and handheld standard microphones. The facility offers wireless internet services through the Arizona State University Wi-Fi network.
When booking the room please confirm any audio-visual or technological needs. This includes presentations, video, and conference calls.
In-house audio-visual equipment includes:
- Laptop (PC-based)
- HDMI & VGA interface
- Wi-Fi internet access (via ASU network)
- 2 hand held microphones
- 2 lapel/lavalier microphones
- LCD projector
- Dropdown projection screen
- In-house audio (via AUX cord connection)
- Video Conferencing
(Webcam, echo cancelling speakers/microphones, and flatscreen television on a rolling stand)
ASU does not validate or provide parking for event attendees. The requestor is responsible for making arrangements with ASU parking services. Click here for directions and a map of the parking lots that are within easy walking distance of the Concho Room. Please contact parking at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-496-1707 if you need assistance.
Reservations may be requested as early as 12 months in advance but no later than 2 weeks prior to the event. Requests will be scheduled in the order in which they were received and based upon availability. Approved requests will be notified via a calendar (Outlook) invite and unapproved requests will be notified by email. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing all reservation requests.
It is highly suggested for first-time users to schedule a walk-through prior to their event. Please contact Kevin Bushaw at Kevin.Bushaw@asu.edu or (602) 369-6680 to request an appointment or to share questions or concerns.
A meeting organizer may request a room hold for up-to 24 hours. A completed Reservation Form is required to hold the reservation beyond 24 hours, to avoid cancellation.
It is the responsibility of the meeting organizer to notify the Concho Room staff of cancellations by email at Keith.Smith.email@example.com or by calling 602-369-6680. Simply cancelling or deleting an approved Outlook calendar appointment does not communicate an event cancellation to the staff. No call/no shows from outside organizations will not be elegible for refunds. ASU affiliates may be assessed up to a $100 fee for no call/no show bookings.
Trusted User Agreement
ASU Affiliates within the Watts College may sign a "Trusted User Agreement" to use the space at no charge.
Cleaning, damage and laundry charges (for use of linens) remain as necessary. Staffing charges (up to $25/hour) may be assessed to those who do not adhere to the agreement, as well as up to a $100 fee for no call/no show bookings.
|Non-ASU Organization||ASU Affiliate / Non-profit Org (Requires 501(c)3 verification)||Room Maintenance Fees|
|$300 - Half Day (4 Hours)||$200 - Half Day (4 Hours)||$150 - Cleaning Fee (no charge for clean room)|
|$400 - Full Day (8 Hours)||$300 - Full Day (8 Hours)||$10/Linen - Laundry fee (For use of table linens)|
|+$50/hour - After-hours fee||+$50/hour - After-hours fee||Mkt. Price - Damage Repair Fee|
|Affiliates within the Watts College may sign a "Trusted User Agreement" to use the room at no charge.|
Food and beverages are allowed in the Concho Room through ASU-approved vendors. Alcohol is not permitted.
Please review the list of ASU approved catering vendors. Organizations are responsible for making their own catering arrangements.
Catering vendors may utilize the kitchen to store and prepare food for meetings/events. It is the responsibility of the caterers and/or the reserving organization to ensure the kitchen is clean and all catering equipment has been removed after the meeting/event.
It is the responsibility of the requestor to meet all deliveries (catering, materials, etc.). Delivery and pick-up times must fall within scheduled event hours or an after-hours fee will be assessed. Organizations are required to notify Concho Room Staff of all delivery and pick-up times. Contact Keith.Smith.firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin.Bushaw@asu.edu or call 602-369-6680.
Aramark (Sun Devil Dining)
Downtown Phoenix Campus
- Events should not be advertised until an official event confirmation is received from ASU.
- ASU reserves the right to deny permission for facility usage if the requesting organization and/or event has needs that exceed the ability to execute without impacting Westward Ho residents and/or neighbors.
- ASU reserves the right to end an event if fire code or other laws are being broken, and/or if facility conditions pose a threat to those in attendance.
- ASU reserves the right to deny permission for facility usage and to cancel and/or move an event in the case of an emergency.
- Sponsoring organizations and individuals are responsible for the conduct and actions of individuals attending events and activities, and agree to hold ASU harmless from their actions. In the case of excessive damage or repairs, the sponsoring organization and/or individual will be responsible for all costs associated with cleaning, fixing, and/or repairing the facility and/or equipment.
- Taping, nailing or tacking items on walls or on premises are prohibited.
- Use of bubble machines, fog machines, confetti cannons and glitter cannons are prohibited.
- Open flames and non-battery candles are prohibited.
- ASU is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking, e-cigarettes, vape pens and any illegal drugs are prohibited in all campus facilities.
- Proof of insurance may be required from the host organization and/or individual for event approval.
- ASU-affiliates only: It is the responsibility of any ASU-affiliate organization to complete an ASU Special Events Registration form online in advance of the event, as well as pay any associated fees or permit costs. ASU Environmental Health and Safety requests Special Events Registrations be completed no later than 10 days prior
The meeting organizer or designee is responsible to ensure the conference room is clean. A $150 clean-up fee will be assessed to any users if trash is not placed in provided in-room trash bins, spills, or other related messes are found. If there is damage to the space or a surface within the space, the repair or replacements costs will be forwarded to the event host. Below is the post-event checklist of items that need to be completed prior to departing.
1) Trash: removed and placed in provided trash receptacles. All catering cleared. Please work with your caterer to ensure timely pickup.
2) ASU-affiliates must remove trash from the building to the dumpster on the north side of the building (exceptions for after-hours events).
3) Tables/Chairs: wiped down, folded and stacked in the far southwest corner of the room. Non-ASU affiliate organizations, and for those organizations paying fees to use the Concho Room, are not required to re-set the room post-event.
5) Audio-Visual Equipment: turned off (projector, microphones, etc.)
6) Lights: turned off
7) Door: Concho Room door closed upon exit. Building front door closed and locked. (If being used after-hours.)